photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

18 February 2013

SHE BANGS

I probably could have come up with a slightly better post title..! Haha! But it was the first thing that came in to my head.

So, a few days a go I only went and got myself a fringe cut in. (You geddit? Bangs is American for 'fringe'! Oh the humour you get on Laddered Tights!)
Now, I've had the same hairstyle for practically my whole life. We are ignore the time when I was around 9 and got a short bob. I have really bad head sore so I don't ever tie my hair up or even brush it all that often. I also have the dreaded cowlick on each side of my head. They used to be really quite bad but I've somehow managed to tame them a little over the last couple of years.
I came home the other day and started playing with my hair and just decided I wanted a fringe and then I realised that it would probably be difficult with said cowlick. I googled for a long time and the next day I ask my hairdressers opinion and she told me to wash my hair just before I left the house and she'd be able to see how it'd go.

Lucky for me, it has been a success!


I'm really please with how it turned out. I'm still at the stage where I keep combing it and constantly checking it looks okay and is sitting right. It just feels so strange having something on my forehead all the time.

Thought I may as well give you a little outfit post whilst the camera was out. I think today's look is very "sleek, chic goth".
I couldn't for the life of my get a decent photo of the collar detail but you can see if better on the photo above.


Shirt; Forever 21 | Skirt; Topshop | Belt; ASOS | Ring; Forever 21 | Earrings; Primark | Nails; Avon Nailwear Pro 'Romance' & Models Own 'Ibiza Mix'




I love this shirt so much. I got it at the weekend when I took a trip down to Birmingham. I think it was £18.75 so pretty decent! Been after a plain black shirt with a collar that wasn't sheer for so long. Would have preferred no collar detailing really but I couldn't find any other and they look easy enough to remove if I get bored of them.
The belt was on my wishlist post that you can see here. It goes with practically everything I own so definitely worth the money.

Make up I'm wearing today:

Dainty Doll foundation 'Very Light' & Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation '103 True Ivory' (mixed together)
Garnier Roll On
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer '1 Fair'
No7 Blemish Fix Concealer 'Fair'
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder '001 Transparent'
Benefit Brow-zings 'Dark'
MUA Clear Mascara
MUA Eye Primer
Sleek Au Naturel Palette: 'Nubuck', 'Bark', 'Noir'
L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara 'Black/Noir'
Sleek Contour Kit 'Light'
ELF Blush 'Peachy Keen'
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Pencil '063 Black Tulip'
Sleek Matte Lipstick 'Vamp'

I've been off work for the last week so I've been able to watch a lot of London Fashion Week live streams which has been fun. Not as much fun as actually being there, I guess. But alas! There will most likely be a post on Wednesday (hopefully) of my favourite collections. I've already got a decent sized list that I'm trying to whittle down.

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaay :) You really do suit having a fringe!

    Gorgeous look

    xo
    http://verrism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new hairstyle and the all-black outfit with the golden accents :)
    fusels x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks great! I got bangs a few months ago and love them, but they do take some getting used to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyy!!!!
    You have such an impressive blog :-) Just came across your blog via #bbloggers blog and truely
    loved it. Its always been so nice to meet with a person who shares the same passion like me .
    I am following you now with a name Sana Sadiq .

    My Blog: http://sunniewrites.blogspot.com
    Bloglovin:http://bloglovin.com/sanasadiq86
    Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/SunnieWritesABlog
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/itsmesaannaa
    Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/sanasadiq/
    Shesaid Beauty : https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/sanasadiq

    would love if you follow me back <3 <3 <3 xxxx

    Regards,
    Sana



    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.