photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

10 March 2013

CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE

I really like reading skincare posts and watching the YouTube videos but the products used are often so beyond my price range so I thought I'd show you my affordable routine which I'm sure works just as well! At the very least, my skin likes it. I know everyone's skin is different though.



This is everything that I put on my face. Obviously, not all at once. Everything is available in Superdrug and Boots (and LUSH!).
So, here goes..!


Garnier 2 in 1 Make-Up Remover | No7 Cleansing Water | B.Pure Micellar Water

The first thing I do is remove my make up. I have just started using the Garnier remover to take off my eye make up. I was previously using a Nivea one which works in the same way as this but I started to dislike it a bit. It works by having the oil in to remove the make up and a cleansing water so you don't get oily residue and you have to give it a good shake to mix it all together. I've only used this one a couple of times but it feels a lot more soothing on my eyes than the Nivea. It does say make up remover for the whole face too but I've not tried it for that. 
I use the No7 Cleansing Water to remove the rest of my make up. I LOVE this stuff! I only have a tiny bit left but you only need a couple of squirts on to some cotton wool and it takes everything off. I'll definitely be repurchasing it.
The Micellar Water is from the B. range that recently launched in Superdrug. I've heard people banging on about micellar water for a while but to be honest I don't really know how they differ from cleansing water? It was on offer so I thought I'd see how it was different. I have only used it a couple of times because I thought I'd use it after the No7 ran out. It seems to work just as well as that for removing my make up. I don't like the teeny nozzle in this though. The pump on the No7 is much better!


Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream | Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser

Once I take my make up off I go shower and then do the rest of my skincare. So, cleanser! I am aware I use cleanser to remove my make up and I know that a lot of people use cream cleansers to actually take their make up off but I really hate doing that. I feel like it doesn't take my make up off properly and I'm just dragging it around my face. So I like waters for taking it off and then after I go in with a cream cleanser.
I kind of alternate between using these two. The Botanics one is from Boots own range. It says it brightens to the skin but I can't say I've noticed that however I do really like it. It's light and soothing and it isn't overly scented. The hot cloth cleanser is from Superdrug's range and I absolute adore this. It's a dupe (I presume, I've never tried this one) of the Liz Earle one but much more affordable. It comes with a muslin cloth too. The cleanser itself is lovely and creamy and leaves your skin so soft. I use this one about 2-3 times a week and the Botanics the rest of the time.


Simple Soothing Facial Toner | Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Cleansing & Toning Lotion

Then it's on to toner. I've been using the Simple one for months and it's great for leaving your skin refreshed and it takes up the last traces of make up that the cleanser left or that managed to get into any pores. The Tea Tree one is quite a recent purchase from Boots own range. I bloody love the smell of tea tree and just putting it on my face. I definitely prefer this to the Simple one but I'm trying to hold off using it until the other runs out. I've had some breakouts recently so the tea tree one seems to be calming it a little. I do love toner though. So refreshing on the skin. Please do recommend me others!


Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub | Garnier Deep Pore Wash

Ooh, I do love scrubbing these things into my face. I featured the Tea Tree one in my last favourites. Again, tea tree... just love it so much! I can never stop touching my skin after I've used this. So so soft! It really has helped to reduce my pores too, I think anyway.
I've had the Garnier one a while now and I bought it cos I used to have a few blackheads on my nose but I don't seem to have that probably anymore. Guess it worked then..! I really like scrubs and just rubbing the little beads into my skin. (I'm weird, I know.)
I don't exfoliate everyday because that would be over-scrubbing and I'd end up ripping my face off but I do it about 3 times a week. If I'm not being lazy.


Simple Light Moisturiser | Vitamin E Night Cream | Sudocrem

Then it's moisturising time. I do all my skincare at night after I shower. After I've done the previous steps sometimes I put the Simple moisturiser on, depending on how dry my skin feels, and I always put it on after I've exfoliated. It is so light and refreshing. It is my day moisturiser, if I'm not using the Nivea Express Primer, but I just love it. I thought it'd had been discontinued when I wen to repurchase recently but they've changed the packaging and put it in a box, so watch out for that!
Then I'm usually just chilling around my room for a couple of hours before I go to bed and I just whack a load of Sudocrem on all my spots. I get quite a few on my chin and cheeks, unfortunately. I don't rub it in either, I just leave it as blobs all over my skin so it looks like I have some kind of disease. I know it's nappy rash cream but it does say acne on the label, too. It is an absolute miracle and I have a huge tub and it cost like £3 and that'll last years! Before I go to bed, I rub in whatever Sudocrem is left on my face (cos it does start sinking into the skin) and, for me anyway, my spots already seem to have shrunk. Then I put a rather generous amount of the night cream all over my face. I love this stuff! So soothing and my skin feels great in a morning. I really need to try other things from the Vitamin E range because I love the products I have.
The night cream is probably one of my favourite products I use and I have just re-bought that too.


LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub | Vaseline

Before I go to bed I also like using these products. I don't use the lip scrub everyday because, just as with the rest of the face, I don't want to rip all the skin off! This smells INCREDIBLE. I use quite a bit when I do use it because it's too hard not too and then I throw on a load of Vaseline and I get the smoothest lips. I use Vaseline every night before I sleep though and it definitely helps. Especially because I wear lipstick everyday and some lipsticks are drying.

And that is everything that gets thrown all over my face!

Hope you like this post and let me know of any other drugstore brands you use for skincare that I should try out.


3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the no7 cleansing water. I too love sudocrem for spots haha, it really does work :)

    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep:) Sudocrem rocks! and the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub sounds good.

    Bye,
    NIKA

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some great products I can see :) Great share hun x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.