photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

26 March 2013

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS

Holy grail products in the beauty world means the products that you love and repurchase over and over again. I don't have all that much, to be honest, because for a lot of certain make up items I am yet to find a product that makes me want to repurchase it.


L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara | No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation | Rimmel Stay Matte Powder | Benefit Brow-zings | Kate Moss x Rimmel Matte Lipstick | Real Techniques Buffing Brush | Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer


For mascara, I would have put Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama in this post. However, I don't have any left and since buying Telescopic, I haven't been inclined to repurchase it this time. I had been using Falsies for a good 4 or so years though and I would definitely recommend it. But for now, I can't see my straying far from L'Oréal for a while.
This foundation has been my lifesaver. I've not even been using it a year but before it I was a total foundation noob. I didn't know what colour I needed or know anything about finishes etc. This is the perfect colour and the perfect finish for me and it's lasting me a pretty decent length of time considering I wear it practically everyday. I had the match service done in Boots and I wear the shade Cool Vanilla.
I've been buying the Stay Matte powder since I was at least 16, maybe even before then. I used to wear it just on it's own but as I've got older I have learnt more about makeup and prefer a higher coverage. This powder is amazing for setting make up and gives a lovely finish. I feel like it's only recently been hyped up in the blogging world but like I said, I've been buying this for a good 5 years.
Brow-zings is another recent-ish addition to my collection and I've nowhere near used it all but I know for a fact I will repurchase it.  was having total eyebrow wars before I discovered this baby. I use the shade Dark because my natural brows are really very dark, they're almost black but putting black on eyebrows is a little harsh, I think.
The Kate Moss lipstick is also something else I probably won't have to repurchase for a while but I definitely would do. It's my go to lipstick if I don't know which one to wear on a particular day. I have the majorly popular 107 shade. It lasts forever and matte lipsticks are my favourite.
Putting the Buffing Brush in this is a bit odd with it not being make up but before this brush came into my life I don't even know how I managed to apply foundation. I wish this brush was sold separately (it comes as part of the Core Collection set) because I'd probably buy at least one more just to have spares and so I can wash them more often. I would definitely recommend getting the Core Collection for this brush alone!
Finally, the insanely hyped up Lasting Perfection Concealer. I've also been buying this for a good few years but over the last few months as mine ran out I didn't repurchase it because I felt it started to feel cakey on me and I tried different ones. However, I recently bought it after seeing more reviews pop up again about it and I have fallen back in love with it. It's so cheap and great for under eyes and on blemishes.

I am still hunting for a holy grail eyeliner. I have recently bought a Bourjois one and I'm really liking it but it's a bit difficult for creating the wing at the end. The shape of my eyes doesn't help either, though. And as for blush and eyeshadow, I do love wearing them but if the ones I have now were discontinued, I don't think it would bother me and I'd just buy a different shade or brand. The items I've mentioned, without being dramatic, I don't think I could live without.

1 comment:

  1. YES! Stay Matte and Rimmel by Kate Moss lipsticks are just AWWWWESOME - high in quality and pigmentation!

    Bye and HAPPY EASTER,

    NIKA

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.