photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

19 May 2013

MY FIRST GLOSSYBOX

This month Glossybox celebrated it's 2nd birthday and for pretty much all of two years, I've been wanting to try it out and see what the fuss was about. If you don't know what Glossybox is, then it's a monthly beauty box that costs around £10 and in it you get 5 samples (sometimes full sizes) of beauty products including hair care, skin care and make up. There's often higher end products in too making the price worth it.
I decided to just take the plunge and I ordered a 3 month subscription (for the time being) as it works out a bit cheaper and my box arrived this week...



In my box I got a full size mascara from Jelly Pong Pong. I've never heard of the brand so excited to try it out, as if I don't already have enough mascaras on the go..!
Then there's L'Occitane En Provence Angelica Hydration Cream... sounds posh! It seems to basically be a moisturiser but my skin seems to be getting dry recently so hopefully this will work a bit of magic.
There's a mini pot of Prime & Create Mixing Medium which seems intriguing. It can be used as just a primer or you can mix with powder makeup products to create a more cream finish. Never heard of anything like that before!
I also got a Headlines Colours nail polish in a beautiful pale lilac colour. I think this is a new brand and they seem to retail at £9 at normal price. Also, I've recently got really into painting my nails so pretty happy about this.
I think my favourite thing in the box is the CaudalĂ­e Divine Oil that can be used on the face, body and hair. I've been using Argan Oil in my hair for a while now and I'm just about to run out so I'm excited to see how this compares.
There was also an extra gift of a load of little nail files that will definitely come in handy.

Overall pretty impressed with my first Glossybox and I'm excited to use all my new goodies!

3 comments:

  1. I have liked the last 3 Glossyboxes that I have had xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glossybox, so many of my friends have them and I am definitely going to have to get one! I'm following you after finding you on the Northern beauty bloghop, would love it if you could check out my blog :)

    http://laurenemma.blog.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that nail polish color you received! I subscribe to Birchbox, though I usually forget to post reviews of what arrives in the boxes...I should get on that :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.