photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

6 October 2013

REVIEW: ALEXA CHUNG "IT"

A slightly different type of review from the usual today, in the form of a book review. I am by no means a book worm. I wish I read more but I don't. But when I heard about Alexa penning her own book I was very excited and when it landed on the doorstep I started reading it straight away and powered straight through it.
The book is not an autobiography, as such, but more about Alexa's style evolution and inspiration mixed in with tips and tricks and her own drawings.

Not everyone is a fan but I have loved her ever since I first saw her back in the day on T4's Popworld. I adore her style so to have a book about how Alexa gets that style was very exciting for me.
It starts of when she was a child and her love for horse riding and the clothes she wore for that. She talks through an array of her style icons of whom she takes inspiration from when she gets dressed in a morning. They range from the obvious choices of Kate Moss and Anna Karina to the likes of Wednesday Addams (a fine choice) and even Jeremy Irons! (Seriously. You have to read this book if you're an Alexa fan and lover of fashion.)

Alexa gives advice throughout on dressing for "occasions" such as going to the gym and a festival as well as beauty tips and help for choosing what to wear in the morning. I have found myself post-it noting up
way too many pages that I'm more than sure I will be referring back to on a weekly basis going forward.

I really enjoyed this book and Alexa's writing style and I'd love to see her write again in the future.








There's a part in the book when Alexa talks about heartbreak and in it she shares some advice given to her from her mother. That "chapter" (I put in inverted commas as the books isn't split into chapter) ends like this and it actually made me tear up.


 I even tweeted about it and she replied to me! If you read this Alexa (HA), in a very fangirl way you made me very happy. Even though you deleted the tweet (because I assume of the typo).


Have you read IT? What did you think?


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read IT but I'd love to :) I'm not a massive Alexa fan though (I do like her, don't get me wrong, but I have other style icons!) so I don't know if I'd want to spend too much money on it! Maybe once I'm home I'll ask for it for Christmas? :) if I can wait that long anyway! Haha!
    Keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.