photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

26 December 2013

2013 FAVOURITES

I mentioned in the previous post how I wouldn't be posting Monthly Favourites anymore, more just little reviews of new products I've been using, but I thought a nice way to round off the year would be to share my best of the best across the board.

First up, beauty!

Clarins Cleansing Milk | Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash | The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner | Bourjois 1 Second Nail Varnish Remover | MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural | Rimmel Nail Rescue | Benefit Pore-fessional





It was quite difficult to narrow down to just these items but when I really thought about it, these have stood out amongst everything else that got added to my stash this year. Pretty sure all of these have featured in Monthly Favourites this year too. If I had to narrow even further, my absolute favourite products from this year are the Tea Tree Toner from The Body Shop and the Rimmel Nail Rescue. I feel like this toner actually does good things for my skin unlike every other toner I've tried and it takes shine away and keeps it away throughout the day. The Nail Rescue has helped my nails grow so well. I think it may have also helped by not working in a shop and doing the deliveries but they're so much stronger and longer since using this.


Fashion...

This year we saw the return of tartan. Some hated, some loved. We mostly just got hit with a wave of 90's nostalgia. Personally I really like it. I haven't bought any of the red tartan, though I have bought a green/blue dress that I practically never take off. Which leads me on nicely to smock dresses. I've never really worn them before as I didn't think they'd be flattering on me but I've got two now and I find it very hard to make myself choose something else to wear. One can be seen in this post and I keep meaning to get photos in the other (my absolute favourite) but it ends up getting too dark by the time I remember. Fail. But I am wearing it on the last photo in this post.

Hair...

I had a little hair change up this year and got myself a fringe way back in February. I have a cowlick hair line and so I've always dismissed the fringe but my hairdresser assured me it would work so I bit the bullet and went for it. It took an awful long time to work out how to control it and work out the right way to style it but I've cracked it. I don't dry my hair so as soon as I get out the shower, I need to comb down my fringe and wrap it up in a hair roller and leave it until it's almost dry (about 20 minutes or so) and then comb through it. I tend to wash my hair before bed so it always looks rather amusing comb morning but another comb and a few strokes of the GHD's and it's good to go! It looks so strange now looking at photos pre-fringe.


Blogosphere...

This year I attended a couple of blogger meet ups that were organised for us Northern Bloggers that don't find it so easy to get down to London were the majority of events seem to be held. Posts can be read here and here. Looking forward to hopefully attended more in 2014!


Lots of lovely Northern bloggers and my fringe misbehaving both times, grr!

I've started reading so many new blogs this year, and kept on reading and loving some old favourites. This years favourites have got to be:

Ropes of Holland
Effiesmakeupbox
The Little Things
It's A Mandy Thing
Essiebutton
Sprinkle of Glitter

I was lucky enough to meet Lindsey, Heather and Louise at some of the aforementioned meet ups and I've watched Mandy, EsteƩ and Louise's videos for a long time on Youtube and their blogs are just as wonderful. Go check them out if you haven't already!

I'm hoping to treat myself to a new camera very soon so hopefully my photo quality will improve and that will also tempt me into posting more often.
I've got a Reflection on 2013 post coming on New Years Eve so check back for that! You can find my Bloglovin' link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.