photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

4 February 2014

DITCHING THE POWDER

If there's one step that has never been avoided in the past when it came to makeup, it's powder. I have always preferred the matte look on myself and avoided any dewy-ness like the plague. Until recently anyway...

Rimmel Stay Matte 'Transparent' Pressed Powder | MAC Mineralised Skin Finish 'Light' | ELF Tone Correcting Powder


We use powder for setting makeup and keeping it in place all day, as well as getting rid of unwanted shine. I always choose foundations with a matte finish anyway but I still always feel like I need to powder on top of it.

Lately I've become really happy with my skin care routine and I've noticed my skin getting a lot better. (read more here.) Now, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I seem to have disregarded powder from my everyday makeup routine but I feel it may be a factor. 
But I did my makeup one day in a rush and left powder until the end with the thought that I'd put it on when I got to work but then I realised I didn't actually need to use it. 

I've also recently started using a new foundation (read here) which shockingly isn't totally matte and I'm still abandoning the powder and embracing the "natural glow" the foundation gives. 
I've kind of got to the point where I feel like the powder was probably not letting my skin breath as much seeing as I did put it everywhere and not just on "problem" areas. 

Are you one that also clings to the powder a bit too much? Maybe try one day without it and see what you think. (Don't worry, keep some in your bag just in case!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm the complete opposite! I never ever wear powder (except for blush/bronzer) as I feel like it clogs my skin up too much?? However I'm always the one in photos with a stupidly shiny T-Zone...not so much beautiful dewy skin aha! SinĂ©ad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try precision powdering! I think Lisa Eldrige on youtube has a video. Vivianna Does Makeup definitely has a blogpost on it :) x

      Delete
  2. I use finishing powder all the time, some with a little shimmer. I think it help meld everything together so I look more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very rarely use powder as I love my skin to have more of a dewy finish. If I ever do, it's on my nose and chin where I get oily. I think I'd use powder more if I had one with a less matte finish, at current I'm using the Rimmel one. Lovely post!

    Megan - thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.