photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

12 March 2014

NEW IN: REVIEWS #3



I've been adding new products to my stash and so it's time to give you my opinions!

About 6 weeks ago I bought this huge tub of conditioner by Tresemmé. My hair, particularly the ends have started getting really dry and I've always got split ends. This deep conditioning treatment was on an offer so I think it was around £3. I've been using it once or twice a week and you just leave it in your hair for 5 minutes. I can't decide fully if it's helped my split ends at all but it's definitely helped to hydrate it.

A couple of Rimmel products I've been trying... first is one of the Lasting Finish nail polishes. It's in the shade Loafer Love For You. It's a beautiful electric blue and is going to be a perfect summer bright colour. It lasts really well too. Managed to get about 4 days without chipping!
The next is a eyeshadow palette in the shade Brixton Brown. In the past, I've never heard great reviews on Rimmel's eyeshadows and I've never tried any myself, but then so many people were raving this palette in particular and like a sheep I ended up buying it. It's nice and okay but that's about it. The lighter colours aren't overly pigmented. The green/taupe colour (bottom right) is barely visible. I like the two darker colours and found them pretty easy to blend though and the red in the middle is lovely but a little hard to wear, personally.

On the topic of eye related products, I got this eyeshadow primer from Avon. I've used so many different eyeshadow primers and to me they're all the same. They've all done the job I want them to so I'm not bothered about spending loads on them. I really like the texture of this one though and I can tell it's going to last forever! I'd prefer not to have to stick my finger in to get the product to apply but besides that, I'd highly recommend this primer.

Over to Revlon... The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains got a make over, a new name and they brought out new shades and finishes. They brought out the Lacquer Balms and the Matte Balms. After swatching them all for about 20 minutes I ended up with Flirtacious in the Lacquer (seen in this post) and Standout in the Matte (seen in this post). They are SO pigmented and last a very decent amount of time. The Lacquer's are super shiny and I have been reaching this most often.
I also bought the cream blush in Charmed Enchantment. I've really got into cream blushes lately. The colour of this is so easy to build up or just leave for a sheer wash of colour. I've really enjoyed using this.

The last thing I have is the L'Oréal Super Liner Gelmatic and I was SO excited to try this when I bought it. I haven't heard anything about this online but I saw it and it's gel eyeliner but in a stick. I can't get to grips with gel at all but I thought this would make life easier. The first time I used it was great but then it went blunt and you can't really sharpen it. It makes it really hard to get a thin line and get all the way into the lash line. And a flick is way out the question. I was very disappointed, unfortunately.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?


FOLLOW ON BLOGLOVIN

2 comments:

  1. Aww I'd been eyeing up the L'Oreal Gelmatic as well, but was worried something like that would happen! Guess I'll just keep practising with the regular gel and brush haha :)
    www.boldlipseverywhere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day we will crack gel eyeliner the way others seem to perfectly handle it! :') x

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.