photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

11 June 2014

THE MID-WEEK PAMPER

A few months ago I posted about the Sunday Night Pamper Session and this is something I do every single week (I think that post may need an update too now...) I find it so enjoyable to just properly clean my face and be left feeling fresh with lovely, soft skin.
During the week, obviously I have a skincare routine but it's pretty scaled down from a Sunday. I'll do a makeup removal cleanse, then the double cleanser, toner, some kind of spot treatment then either night cream or oil. Done.
As it gets to the middle of the week things are starting to look a bit dull so around a Wednesday/Thursday I like to give my skin a little extra treat for a pick me up by adding in a couple extra products...






The first couple of steps stay the same: makeup removal (currently with The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil), then a creamy cleanser (usually The Body Shop's Vitamin E one or the Clarins Cleansing Milk) and then toner (obviously The Body Shop's Tea Tree Toner).

I then use another toner. This time an exfoliating one which is Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. I use an exfoliating scrub on a Sunday and then the toner midweek just to give the skin that extra refresh without having to be too harsh too often on the skin. I've been using this for a few weeks and I really like it. From reviews it seems seeing brightening effects are gradual and I definitely agree. This isn't harsh o the skin at all so you could actually use it every day if you wanted. I do sometimes use a little in a morning when I'm having some serious dull moments.

Then it's a real skin treat time... can you actually beat a mid week face mask?! No, you can't. I always have some of these Montagne Jeunesse sachets around. They're so good and cheap and there are so many different ones so I'd usually use one of these mid week or use the Aloe Vera De-stressing Mud Mask from Superdrug. It's fresh and cooling and doesn't take long at all to dry and just gives things a nice little perk up.

I try really hard to actually remember to use eye cream (because I know one day I will hate myself for not) but I am so bad at remembering to put some on. On these middle of the week pamper sessions I do always seem to remember and make up for those days where I haven't. I really like this Good Things one. It's cooling and smells lush! (But doesn't aggravate the eyes, so don't worry about that.)

And then after using a spot treatment (generally the La Roche Possay Effaclar Duo +) I will get a bit of the Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream and mix in a few drops of The Body Shop's Vitamin E Serum-in-Oil and massage into the skin. These two work so well together for that extra bit of moisture and plumpness. And then before I actually go to sleep, I'll sometimes put on a couple extra drops of the oil.

I hope my skin is thankful for the treats! Does anyone else give themselves a mid-week pamper?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.