photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

16 November 2014

DRUGSTORE BEAUTY HAUL

Why hello there lovelies! Sorry I have become a stranger once again. A mix of bloggers block and then getting really poorly. Not sure what happened to me but I got home from work one day and just had a turn and just couldn't get out of bed for a few days.
I'm feeling better now and I thought I'd treat myself with a little trip to Boots. I've not actually had a spendy moment for a while and being ill is the perfect excuse to change that!




Not sure how long the offer is til but it was 3 for 2 across makeup brands. I needed a new mascara and I noticed they brought out a new version of the 1 Seconde Volume that I love from Bourjois so I got that one. It is in Ultra Black. I love the original version of this. I was also keen to try the Healthy Balance Powder after hearing rave reviews from Vivianna Does Makeup. I don't tend to go for powders that aren't transparent so we'll see how this goes. I decided to stick with all Bourjois for the offer and one can never have enough foundations. I know everyone loved the Healthy Mix Serum around last summer but I've never tried it. Watch this space...


My moisturiser is on it's last few days so I wanted to try a new one. I noticed Boots Botanics range on offer so I went for the Skin Calming Day Cream which also has SPF 15 so win win! The whole range was on offer and this serum had £5 off so thought I'd give it a whirl and see how it compares with my The Body Shop one.


Ooh, things did get a little splurgey... I had a tester for the Chloé perfume and absolutely loved it. I cannot for the life of me describe fragrances but this is very different to my usual taste. I usually like quite fruity smells but this is more sophisticated. I got an email off Boots last week saying I had £50 worth of points on my Advantage Card so I decided to spend them on the 30ml bottle (worth £44.50). The packaging is adorable and I will smell delicious!
I had a few testers of the Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream and I've used them all up and loved them so thought I may as well get the full size. As with all Benefit, the packaging is wonderful and this skin care range is no exception.
I ran out of my Nuxe Reve de Miel so this was a restock. This was actually from Marks and Spencers and I didn't realise until I paid but there was actually 15% off their skincare. Not sure how long that is on for but may be wort popping down. They stock Nuxe and REN and some other brands too.


My eyelash curlers are starting to look a bit worse for wear. I don't use them very often but they have got quite old now. People say you get what you pay for with curlers. I don't really understand what can make them do the job better but I paid £7.50 for these so we will see...
And finally, I ran out of hair oil a few weeks ago and have only just got round to buying some more. I've never used the L'Oréal one before but I've heard good things. I usually use the Argan Oil you get from Superdrug which is actually the same price (£9.99) for the same amount (100ml) even though that bottle is so much smaller. This oil is also in a glass bottle and I'm not sure I trust myself...

So I am spent up and happy! Have you ever used any of these products? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I have just finished my bottle of L'Oreal Extroardinary Oil and I loved every bit of it! It made my hair so soft and shiny! Did you also know that they do GlamGlow masks in Marks and Spencers?! It is definately worth having a look! I loved your post, I have also just done a haul post! I would love it if you had a read.

    Yasmin xoxo

    http://lipsticksandblushersandbronzersohmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the oil last night and my hair feels amazing today.

      I didn't know! I will have to investigate :')

      I shall head over to your blog when I get home from work tonight :) x

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.