photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

21 November 2014

REVIEW: PIXI GLOW TONIC

I have recently repurchased the Pixi Glow Tonic so I feel like I've definitely been using it long enough to share my thoughts...


I think knowing that I've repurchased this product shows that I am going to be giving this a good review and join in to the hype that already surrounds it.




The Pixi Glow Tonic is for use in the toning part of the skincare routine. This is an exfoliating/acid toner. I've only learnt about the benefits of using acid on the skin in the last 6 months or so after reading up on the wonderful mind of Caroline Hirons. Now, hear me out... it's not as scary as it sounds. The acid concentration is obviously at a safe level for use - in the Glow Tonic, Glycolic Acid is 5% so this is also an exfoliating toner that can be used everyday and twice a day if you wished. I generally only use this in the morning (First Aid Beauty pads in the evening).
The benefit of these toners is that you can exfoliate the skin without scrubbing those scratchy beads into your face and you still are getting rid of those dead skin cells.
If, like me, you suffer from acne then acids are brilliant for you. Caroline can tell you more than I can so head over to her blog/YouTube. But this year I have struggled. I have spent many a night earlier in the year in absolute bits - like full on crying - over how horrendous my skin had got. They turned into cysts all over my cheeks. I got a course of antibiotics from the doctors but this is definitely not the best route. They made my skin much worse before it got better. It did seem to calm whilst I was taking them but half way through the treatment I did reevaluate my skincare routine and read up on acids. I feel like my skin only really started responding when I added the Pixi Glow into my life.
(You can see my skincare routine HERE, by the way.) Since I've been sticking to a strict routine after finishing the antibiotics, my skin has got much better so much quicker than when I was taking them.
I've noticed my skin has cleared up so much and is looking better than it has in YEARS. I still have some way to go. It's also feeling incredibly soft all the time now too. Now, I can't put it down entirely to this as I switched a lot of my products up when I decided to step things up but I just feel like this was the product that has done me a whole world of good.
Like I said, I use every morning. I just soak a cotton pad and sweep all over my face. I then buff over my cheeks gently and anywhere else a blemish has reared its ugly head. It feels very refreshing as well in the morning.
It's worth noting that if you using acids on the skin, particularly in the day time, then you would want to use SPF afterwards be it an actual SPF or included in other skincare/make-up. The use of the acids make you more susceptible to the sun and ain't nobody got time for that!
I buy from the Pixi Beauty website and it's £18. It may seem expensive but if you're using every day you do get a good couple of months out of it. Pixi also sent an email just as I was about to run out with a discount code - they know when you must be able to run out from when you last purchased!
As far as I'm concerned, it is well worth the money and I will continue buying this for the foreseeable future.

Basically, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Have you ever used it?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any Pixi product yet, but I've been seeing positive reviews of it. Glad to know it works great on you :)

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard so many good things about it - I'll definitely have to give it a go!


    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.