photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

29 December 2014

NEW YEARS EVE MAKE-UP LOOK

It's only a few days until we see out 2014 and welcome in 2015. I'm staying in this year with a couple of friends and we're going to cook some food and have drinks and play games because at nearly 23 I am SO hardcore it practically hurts...

Whether you stay in or go out, I think it's always nice to dress up a little so here is the make-up I wore on a night out recently that I'll most likely be using again for NYE.

 



Here's the rundown...

You want your make-up to last well, especially if you're going out and there's definitely going to be photos so I opt to prime the skin with Benefit's The POREfessional. It is basically cement for make-up and makes it stay on the face so much longer. I don't always do this but if the dark circles or bad or it's a special occasion, I'll use Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer under my eyes before foundation. The peach toned concealer cancels out the blue/purple tones.
Foundation of choice is NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc. This foundation has great coverage and has a beautiful finish. Plus it doesn't have SPF so you don't get that flashback on photos.
I then use Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer in a kind of triangle under the eye. This is a brightening concealer so it's no good for blemishes but it just lifts the eyes a little and takes attention away from the fact you've not had enough sleep! To conceal blemishes, I use Collections's Lasting Perfection concealer, as always.
I then just use a touch of the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder on and around my nose, on my chin and under my eyes just to set the concealer and I tend to go a bit shiny on the chin.

For the eyes, I prime my lids with Avon's eyeshadow primer. I took the primer all the way to the brow bone as the eyeliner I am wearing has a tendency to transfer and I find applying the primer stops that happening. I then used a Sigma Blending Brush to put the purple-ish shade from the Avon Not So Neutral palette through the socket/crease area. (The shades don't have names sorry but I posted the palette here. It's the 3rd shade on the bottom row.) I then took Max Factor's new Excess Shimmer in 25 Bronze and patted the tiniest amount to the centre of the lid. I don't know how to describe this shadow - it's kind of cream but kind of liquid/mousse texture. Either way it's insanely pigmented so you really just need to teeniest amount possible. I just used my ring finger to dab all into the lid and then took the blending brush and kind of swept it all across the lid.
For liner I used Maybelline's Black Drama Gel Liner. This is the drugstore version of Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner. I didn't get on with the Benefit one but I love the Maybelline version and it's so much cheaper. It so easy to get a good flick with. I usually draw the flick first and then just join it back to the lash line then just thicken the line up. Remember, practice makes perfect!
For lashes I actually mixed two together. For the first coat I used Urban Decay's Perversion mascara and I also put this on the bottom lashes and then used Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara as a second coat. I wasn't sure about the UD mascara at first but I'm loving it now.
For brows, I used the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist which I bloody love and then used a little bit of Benefit's Gimme Brow to thicken them a little bit.

These aren't very obvious on the photos but I added a touch of MUA's bronzer in Shade 3 round the temples/under cheekbones/jawline/basically everywhere. It is quite light so it's not very obvious but just warms the face a little. I also added a tiny amount of Sleek's blush in Rose Gold. This is highly pigmented so it's very easy to go OTT. A tiny amount on the brush and a light hand is what you need here. I then just added a touch of Topshop's Glow Highlighter to the top of my cheekbones, the inner corner of the eye and the cupid's bow. Because who doesn't love a bit of highlighting especially at this time of year?!

Finally, lips. I think NYE is the perfect time to crack out a red lip. I lined with Rimmel's Exaggerate lip liner in Red Diva. This is basically a crayon so it's soft on the lips and makes lining and filling in so easy. I then but Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper over the top. This stuff lasts all night so you won't need to worry about topping up. I actually wore this combo in this post earlier this year.

And there we have it! A look suitable for whatever the NYE celebration.
I hope you all have a great night and see in the New Year well.

4 comments:

  1. I love this look! The more natural looking eyes with the bright pop of colour on your lips really suit you!

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makeup looks absolutely stunning on you, I'm especially loving the lips!

    Danielle | theperksofprettythings

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.