photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

8 February 2015

THE BACKUPS

What are you talking about, Louise?

Well, the backups are products that I'm so scared of running out of unexpectedly that I need to have another on standby for that moment so I never have to be without.
There's nothing worse that squeezing out the last bit of cleanser and realising you haven't bought a new one yet AND you can't get to the shop for another few days. Stress. That is stressful.

Here are what I always have on standby...





I'm going to start with the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in "Keep It Classy" as it is a little bit of an anomaly. I love these lip pencils and I have a few colours but this is my favourite. I wore it on Christmas Day and I haven't been able to find it since. It's not in any handbags, not anywhere in my room or the house and it's not at work. It has literally apparated out of my life. But I love the colour too much that I had to go and buy a new one... so you know that I am BOUND to find it now.

But the rest I always have backups of...

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair'. Don't really need to say much about this. I couldn't even begin to think of how many tubes of this stuff I've used since I was about 16. It has amazing coverage and it so cheap but it does just seem to run out out of nowhere and you end up trying hard to get every last dreg out of it. So this always needs to have a backup in the drawer.

A couple of products from The Body Shop that i love too much to be without. The first is the Camomile Cleansing Oil. I don't think I've ever reviewed this fully actually... we will have to change that! But you don't find many purse friendly cleansing oils out there. This is only £10 and lasts a pretty long time. You only need 2-3 pumps and it just dissolves all makeup away so quickly, even eye makeup. I just rinse it away with a flannel and you are left with lovely clean and soft skin.
The other product that has become a staple in my routine is the Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser. This is mainly my morning cleanser but I end up using it in the evening too. I really believe this is one of the products that mainly helped out my spotty face. I started using this and they calmed down so quickly. I used this to cleanse my skin after taking my makeup off and in the morning it just feel so refreshing.

This is my 3rd tub of the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. I really enjoy these... a lot! I use them in the evening. The pads are pre-soaked so you just need to rub them all over the face. I am so glad I discovered Caroline Hirons and acid exfoliating/toning. My skin is so thankful! I usually buy them off Feel Unique or Beauty Bay. One of them tends to have a discount and you get 60 pads in them so you get a good two months constant use from them. If you have acne prone skin, I'd definitely recommend giving these a go. Better than putting a harsh scrub on your face irritating the spots more!

Finally, I have spoken about this cleanser a few times recently and the full review is here. It's just SO GOOD. The Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser is about £5 and the range is usually on some kind of offer. I've used this for a few years now and it does last ages as you don't need all that much... though I tend to go overboard because it just feels so nice. You can take make up off with this but I tend to use it as a post cleanse. If you've never tried it then you must!

Which products do you always have a backup of?

1 comment:

  1. The FAB Radiance Pads look lovely, the packaging is gorgeous. Great post :)

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.